Safe and Sound
I never thought I'd say this, but I've made it back to civilization. After 4 days of complete isolation (no cell phone coverage, newspapers or internet) on St. Martin's island in a not-yet completed hotel room with 4 hrs of electricity per day, and another 5 days on the beach in and around Cox's Bazar, I'm glad to be home. The 11 hr bus journey back to Dhaka, with a two hour stopover in Chittagong, was unexpectedly comfortable, particularly since the last leg (Chitt-Dhaka) was in a brand new Volvo bus with vibrating seats. The luxury encountered therein was only one of many surprises that surfaced over the course of the 9 day vacation, and I'll be happy to write about them once my mind and body get back to normal. Arriving home at 5am and sleeping until 2pm can be a disorienting experience anywhere in the world, and this was certainly no exception.
In the meantime, I've uploaded the best of the close to 100 photos I took during the trip, so you can take a look at them here.
On somewhat related note, happy belated 24th Birthday to Ms. A-H. I'm sorry I missed it; I'm going to blame it on 9 days without internet access...
In the meantime, I've uploaded the best of the close to 100 photos I took during the trip, so you can take a look at them here.
On somewhat related note, happy belated 24th Birthday to Ms. A-H. I'm sorry I missed it; I'm going to blame it on 9 days without internet access...
<< Home