Highway Cams: More Exciting than Wet Paint!
Over the past two or three years - the length of time I’ve been returning every so often to this site - the B.C. government has slowly been adding highway camera feeds onto the website of the B.C. Ministry of Transportation. Now up to a grand total of 68, the cameras cover the entire province, from Highway 19 on Vancouver Island, to Hwy 97 outside Fort St. John in the North, Manning Park in the Southern Interior and the Sea-to-Sky highway outside Whistler.
I’m not sure why I enjoy catching a glimpse of daily life in my home province through its traffic cameras; I’m not an engineer, I hate traffic, and, let’s face it, for most people the idea of browsing through such a website is probably as exciting as watching paint dry. Nevertheless, I get a kick out of revisiting parts of the province I've already passed through and those I may visit in the future, and now that I’ve added a link to the site on my sidebar, maybe you will, too.
I’m not sure why I enjoy catching a glimpse of daily life in my home province through its traffic cameras; I’m not an engineer, I hate traffic, and, let’s face it, for most people the idea of browsing through such a website is probably as exciting as watching paint dry. Nevertheless, I get a kick out of revisiting parts of the province I've already passed through and those I may visit in the future, and now that I’ve added a link to the site on my sidebar, maybe you will, too.
<< Home