Wednesday, May 19, 2004

High and dry

I successfully completed 4k in a single without tipping last night, so I'm quite pleased. Now all I have to do is bring the legs into the equation...

Our practice this morning in the four also went pretty well, and I'm getting the hang of steering the boat with my right foot as stroke seat. Beautiful morning today, by the way. Glassy water and bright sunshine is pretty hard to beat.

The waiting continues with respect to my Serbian prospects and the same goes for UNAC and Atlantic Council. I still have some hope though, as I would find it hard to believe that people who are interviewed for placements don't get a call back either way. Is this a misplaced assumption? Another possibility is that I feel this has been a very long two weeks of waiting, while the Director may be pressed for time with the weeks flying by, therefore not realizing the anxiety he is causing by not keeping us updated as to the status of the selection process. This may not be the case, but until I see someone else's name under the 'interns placed' section of the website, I will remain hopeful.