Even the BBC was taking in the sights, sounds and smells of Dhaka's cattle markets. Check out their interesting (and obviously coincidental) photo supplement to my last two posts here.
On an unrelated note, I went to the Nordic Club for the first time this evening. Boy, do those Scandinavians know how to make themselves feel at home in a foreign country. I enjoyed a fresh smogebrod (assortment) of open faced sandwiches on rye bread that made me feel as though I was back at the Scandinavian Centre - a frequent destination while growing up with an ardently Norwegian father back home in Vancouver - while sitting poolside (larger and cleaner than the Canadian Club's) and drinking Carlsberg on Swedish furniture. If I knew how to read Norwegian I could have picked up a copy of the Aftenposten as well, but three out of four ain't bad.
On an unrelated note, I went to the Nordic Club for the first time this evening. Boy, do those Scandinavians know how to make themselves feel at home in a foreign country. I enjoyed a fresh smogebrod (assortment) of open faced sandwiches on rye bread that made me feel as though I was back at the Scandinavian Centre - a frequent destination while growing up with an ardently Norwegian father back home in Vancouver - while sitting poolside (larger and cleaner than the Canadian Club's) and drinking Carlsberg on Swedish furniture. If I knew how to read Norwegian I could have picked up a copy of the Aftenposten as well, but three out of four ain't bad.
<< Home