Run for the Cure
On October 2nd I will be running in this year’s 5km Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure in Ottawa, and I'll be doing so as a part of the team representing the Norman Paterson School of International Affairs. It’s something that I’ve wanted to do since my aunt Bets succumbed to breast cancer in the summer of 2000, though I will be doing it for the many other women in my life who have been touched by breast cancer as well.
The idea behind the events is to raise awareness and funds for cancer research, and that’s why I've posted this here. Every participant is asked to set a fundraising objective for themselves to meet through donations from friends, family and community members before the run on October 2nd. My target (and the level at which I - a heavily indebted grad student - won’t have to pay the entry fee) is $150, but with a little support I’m sure you can help me exceed that goal many times over.
Donations can be made quickly, easily and securely online by visiting my personal page on the CIBC Run for the Cure website. You can find it here: https://www.cibcrunforthecure.com/html/p.asp?t=1219096&l=1. If you choose to donate you'll receive a tax receipt within 20 minutes after your donation has been successfully received.
I hope all is well in your part of the country, and thank you very much for your support.
Best regards,
Per
The idea behind the events is to raise awareness and funds for cancer research, and that’s why I've posted this here. Every participant is asked to set a fundraising objective for themselves to meet through donations from friends, family and community members before the run on October 2nd. My target (and the level at which I - a heavily indebted grad student - won’t have to pay the entry fee) is $150, but with a little support I’m sure you can help me exceed that goal many times over.
Donations can be made quickly, easily and securely online by visiting my personal page on the CIBC Run for the Cure website. You can find it here: https://www.cibcrunforthecure.com/html/p.asp?t=1219096&l=1. If you choose to donate you'll receive a tax receipt within 20 minutes after your donation has been successfully received.
I hope all is well in your part of the country, and thank you very much for your support.
Best regards,
Per
<< Home