Thursday, November 20, 2003

I have a sneaking suspicion that what Pasha is suffering from is not, in fact, hypo-narcolepcy, but rather the outcome of a semester's worth of stress and papers combined with a particularly strong dose of IRSAM related activities. We call this, irsomnia.

Now that the cat is out of the bag, I can admit that I too am suffering from such a fate. While waiting for my three wash cycles to finish in the local Lavatoire du Coin, I fell asleep. First of all, I'm not one to fall asleep in public places, especially not in a shady laundromat frequented by drug addicts and other individuals who consider Lafleur's to be a fine dining establishment. It was only the buzz of the laundry machine that woke me from my temporary slumber, cutting short the dream I was having about living in Iran, (I had been reading my Arab World book).

So as I attempt to recover from last night's inpromptu St. Denis, francophone-pub crawl with Andrew and Russ, while dealing with a strong resurgence of irsomnia, I wonder what the next two weeks will hold.

Ideally we'll see some snow - there have already been a few storms in south-central BC ; the transit strike will end peacefully; al-quaeda will stop bombing Turkey; I will successfully complete my two 15-20 page term papers, each worth 40 % of my final grade ; people will show up to Gert's tomorrow to check their coats for the benefit of the McGill Rowing Club; the drunk homeless guy sitting on my stoop, howling to the moon, will either pass out or get picked up by the Quebecops; and, Bernard Lord (Premier of New Brunswick) will enlighten us with his words of PC wisdom in class on Wednesday...well, enlighten may be the wrong word, but compared to Mr. Jack Layton (Leader of the Federal NDP) and the speel he gave us last week, such a verb may not be all that inappropriate.

To the Rawlsmobile.