Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Much to post, much to post.

If I were to respond to the posts of IRSAM bloggers of late, I would be here for hours, so in lieu of that...I just won't...well, John's comment about the damn sexiness of rowing warrants a mention: unisuits aren't sexy on anyone. Luckily us novii didn't have to wear them, and instead my boat became the fastest and most stylish one on the water with our Regatta sport red and white long sleeved shirts and black spandex shorts. I'd post the picture but I don't know how.

I apologize for the discombobulated structure of this post, but I have no choice for I have dinner to eat, an italian journal to write, and an arab world paper to research all before going to bed at 11pm in order to get enough sleep to train tomorrow morning at 7am, go to class and step on the train to Toronto at 5pm...

Toronto, you say? Oh yes. But doesn't Per despise Toronto and all it stands for? Yes. Would Per pass up an invitation to attend the Canadian Studies Youth Forum as one of five delegates from McGill at no cost to himself? Heck no! I am filling in for one of the Canadian studies students who had to drop out, and am quite excited about the whole thing. After a heated debate over whether to take the train or the plane (as they're both subsidized), Ken Whyte, the venerable former Editor-in-Chief of the National Post and Saturday Night magazine provided the necessary words which helped me make the decision: "take the train". I intend to develop some contacts and guage the level interest for the youth roundtable on Canadian immigration policy which I'm putting together for next March, so hope for the best. Networking, people, networking: to quote a horrible, horrible movie, "it's the lesser of two weavels". The second evil? Sitting in the shadows letting your ideas go to waste.

I know there's something else I wanted to say...let me think.

Oh, right. Apologies to Nadja for having to miss the undoubtedly fabulous pot-luck on Saturday night. To prevent a McAsskicking, the same apology goes to Gosia and those who organized the McMUN staff party at Orchid. My train gets back into town at 11pm on Saturday, so my attendance is pretty doubtful.