Sunday, November 23, 2003

Living in the front room has been going surprisingly well since early October, but my ultra-sensitive hearing has once again linked horns with the drum and bass of the party upstairs. Why do people listen to that shit? Boom-boom-boom-boom-ba-doom-boom boom. You get the picture. What's worse is that they seem to be playing tricks on me. It was perfectly quiet when I went to bed at 1130pm, but almost precisely half an hour later it started up again. I'm not sure if anyone else would think it's hard to deal with, and on first impressions you may think it's not much at all, but the real sound comes through the pillow. The bass goes through the floor above me, down through the walls, into my floor, through my wooden bed frame (an obvious decibal conductor) and into my pillow. The result? No chance to fall asleep.

I guess I have to grin and bare it. Usually when this happens I can move to the biggest couch in our den and sleep relatively comfortably there, given it's far back enough from the front that there's no sound from upstairs. Unfortunately, Andrew has his new girl over and I'm not too keen on listening to what's going on in there - especially since he has a curtain for a door.

On a brighter note, the Canucks are doing quite well for themselves. I didn't realize until tonight that I've been too preoccupied to realize they're number one in the NHL. Keep it up boys.

Oh no! I stopped watching the game after two periods because I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer, and it appears as though Toronto's gone up by two goals in the third. How could that happen? More fluke goals, I can only assume.

Time to check out other blogs.