The trouble with radical feminism...
...is that it goes too far. Click the link if you'd like chuckle at those who claim,
"As a young girl," wrote one young girl, "I subconsciously grew to dislike cereal because I felt that I could not identify with the characters that represented cereal."On a completely unrelated note, our Canada Cup race this morning was both embarrassing and motivating. The latter because we were almost 30 seconds behind UBC, the third place finisher, but the former because we kept up with the three other boats and even led at one point in the first 500m. Too much adrenaline made me forget the meaning of 'settle', so our stroke rate was way too high for too long. The consequences of doing so, (exhausting your reserves too early, causing your technique to fall apart), were harsh. None of us even heard the horns blow as the boats in front of us cross the line. 7:13.2, our final time, was not our fastest 2k but I don't think we'd been able to get it under seven minutes all summer. Some other points to keep in mind: it was the first time this combination of four guys raced together; the last month saw only sporadic training because I was away one week and sick another; and the crews we were racing against were provincial calibre (UBC, Newfoundland and New Brunswick).
<< Home