Before I get started on my Arab world research, I have conveniently remembered a few things worthy of a post.
My Health Economics paper has been handed in...in triplicate. One to the fine folks at www.turnitin.com, and the other two to my professor. He'd like to keep one for himself, while the third gets returned to us. I've never had a professor who wanted to keep his students' papers for the references...a bit odd, but I have no real problem with it.
The roundtable, (it was literally a round-table around which we had our discussion), discussion with New Brunswick premier Bernard Lord this morning was quite interesting. Esha posed an intelligent, yet uncontroversial, question to which he responded in a typically political fashion by...shirking the issue! Although the role of municipalities in NB's 'new economy' was emphasized in Esha's question (correct me if I'm wrong), he never once mentioned municipalities in his answer, despite it being long and drawn out. It seems as though he's a strong, fiscally responsible administrator, but his oration skills good use some 'chile con carne' (classic high school choir song - no I wasn't in choir, but being a band member, we had to sit patiently in the dark while they did their thing). Despite his interesting ideas and obvious future potential, his speaking style almost put me to sleep. If one could combine Jack Layton's energy with Bernard Lord's sound ideas and leadership qualities, while throwing in some Gordon Campbell style (gotta love the Norwegian sweaters) and some of Ralph Klein's blue-collared nature, (although Lord's mother was a teacher and father a bush pilot), you'd have one hell of a premier. No, Jack Layton isn't a premier, he's only the leader of the federal NDP...but he adds some necessary spice to this jambalaya...
Warning: do not fork out (your parents') hard earned dollars on the new Russell Crowe 'movie'. It's so forgettable that I can't even remember the excessively wordy title.
As I said last night, the best part of the whole experience had to be the LOTR: Return of the King trailer. Epic. Counting down the days.
We definitely should have seen Cat in the Hat. Seuss is a genius! "Slops" to those who vetoed the decision amidst such vehemently silent protest. Speaking of protest...onwards with the Iranian Revolution!
My Health Economics paper has been handed in...in triplicate. One to the fine folks at www.turnitin.com, and the other two to my professor. He'd like to keep one for himself, while the third gets returned to us. I've never had a professor who wanted to keep his students' papers for the references...a bit odd, but I have no real problem with it.
The roundtable, (it was literally a round-table around which we had our discussion), discussion with New Brunswick premier Bernard Lord this morning was quite interesting. Esha posed an intelligent, yet uncontroversial, question to which he responded in a typically political fashion by...shirking the issue! Although the role of municipalities in NB's 'new economy' was emphasized in Esha's question (correct me if I'm wrong), he never once mentioned municipalities in his answer, despite it being long and drawn out. It seems as though he's a strong, fiscally responsible administrator, but his oration skills good use some 'chile con carne' (classic high school choir song - no I wasn't in choir, but being a band member, we had to sit patiently in the dark while they did their thing). Despite his interesting ideas and obvious future potential, his speaking style almost put me to sleep. If one could combine Jack Layton's energy with Bernard Lord's sound ideas and leadership qualities, while throwing in some Gordon Campbell style (gotta love the Norwegian sweaters) and some of Ralph Klein's blue-collared nature, (although Lord's mother was a teacher and father a bush pilot), you'd have one hell of a premier. No, Jack Layton isn't a premier, he's only the leader of the federal NDP...but he adds some necessary spice to this jambalaya...
Warning: do not fork out (your parents') hard earned dollars on the new Russell Crowe 'movie'. It's so forgettable that I can't even remember the excessively wordy title.
As I said last night, the best part of the whole experience had to be the LOTR: Return of the King trailer. Epic. Counting down the days.
We definitely should have seen Cat in the Hat. Seuss is a genius! "Slops" to those who vetoed the decision amidst such vehemently silent protest. Speaking of protest...onwards with the Iranian Revolution!
<< Home