Is it just that my profs last semester are unnecessarily slow in marking exams, or is this an Arts or university-wide problem? It's no big deal, but three weeks is bordering on ridiculous. What's even more strange is that the only grade I have received so far is from the exam I wrote on December 19th, the last day of exams (Topics in Economic Policy). I guess Parent just wanted to get everything finished before Christmas - if only everyone else took the same approach!
Similarly, the frustration of checking marks on a daily basis, only to be rejected by a blank slate showing no new grades, is compounded by the multitude of links one has to follow in order to access their transcript. Student ID - Student Records - Personal Records - Transcript....that seems like a lot, especially when one is forced to use dial-up.
Oh woe is me, and the painful life I live...
...speaking of pain, despite getting another solid day of skiing in at Whistler yesterday with my Dad ( note to self: 58 year old fathers aren't necessarily the greatest skiing partners ), we couldn't make it two days in a row because the clouds came in, the snow started to fall and visibility was reduced to limited. Oh well, I'll take a relaxing couple of days at Whistler with my Dad, complimented by a pleasant drive through the snow-covered trees bordering the Sea to Sky highway, anytime.
I'm sure many of you have heard of the Scandal in Lotusland, namely the two Liberal MP assistants whose files were seized by the RCMP from the offices of their MPs in the Legislature two days ago in connection with an organized crime-ring dealing in marijuana and cocaine. Although some commentators are saying this will tarnish the Liberal Party's reputation well-on into the future, particularly leading up to the next provincial election, I doubt this will have any rammifications at the federal level, as some alledge. Paul Martin is already in the process of "rolling his own bill on marijuana" (apparently the two under investigation are influential Paul Martin campaign organizers as well), and I see no reason why the illegal, illogical and criminal actions of these two moribund, non-elected assistants will have any impact on the reputation of the Liberal Party as a whole. Talk about sensationalism...
Re-reading this last paragraph, however, makes me think that if there's some connection between the reforms to Chretien's pot-bill that Martin is initiating intend to shift the focus away from such organized crime rings such as this one, (BC marijuana for American cocaine), Martin will have some "splaynin" to do. Talk about conspiracy theories...
Speaking of the BC government, I still have no idea why internships in the Legislature are limited to graduates of BC universities. This means that they're excluding qualified applicants (BC residents) who chose to broaden their horizons by travelling over the Rockies and into the rest of Canada in order to attend schools such as McGill, Queen's (despite being Queen's), and U of T. What's the deal, Gordo? Give the East a chance!
Similarly, the frustration of checking marks on a daily basis, only to be rejected by a blank slate showing no new grades, is compounded by the multitude of links one has to follow in order to access their transcript. Student ID - Student Records - Personal Records - Transcript....that seems like a lot, especially when one is forced to use dial-up.
Oh woe is me, and the painful life I live...
...speaking of pain, despite getting another solid day of skiing in at Whistler yesterday with my Dad ( note to self: 58 year old fathers aren't necessarily the greatest skiing partners ), we couldn't make it two days in a row because the clouds came in, the snow started to fall and visibility was reduced to limited. Oh well, I'll take a relaxing couple of days at Whistler with my Dad, complimented by a pleasant drive through the snow-covered trees bordering the Sea to Sky highway, anytime.
I'm sure many of you have heard of the Scandal in Lotusland, namely the two Liberal MP assistants whose files were seized by the RCMP from the offices of their MPs in the Legislature two days ago in connection with an organized crime-ring dealing in marijuana and cocaine. Although some commentators are saying this will tarnish the Liberal Party's reputation well-on into the future, particularly leading up to the next provincial election, I doubt this will have any rammifications at the federal level, as some alledge. Paul Martin is already in the process of "rolling his own bill on marijuana" (apparently the two under investigation are influential Paul Martin campaign organizers as well), and I see no reason why the illegal, illogical and criminal actions of these two moribund, non-elected assistants will have any impact on the reputation of the Liberal Party as a whole. Talk about sensationalism...
Re-reading this last paragraph, however, makes me think that if there's some connection between the reforms to Chretien's pot-bill that Martin is initiating intend to shift the focus away from such organized crime rings such as this one, (BC marijuana for American cocaine), Martin will have some "splaynin" to do. Talk about conspiracy theories...
Speaking of the BC government, I still have no idea why internships in the Legislature are limited to graduates of BC universities. This means that they're excluding qualified applicants (BC residents) who chose to broaden their horizons by travelling over the Rockies and into the rest of Canada in order to attend schools such as McGill, Queen's (despite being Queen's), and U of T. What's the deal, Gordo? Give the East a chance!
<< Home