Saturday, December 06, 2003

I've been doing nothing but studying provincial politics over the last three days, and while this has proven to be an enjoyable experience, I find myself unable to think through any other 'lense' than that of federal-provincial relations. The new Council of the Federation is certainly a welcome and necessary step forward, and it's clear that Charest is diverging from Quebec's history of conflictual relations with Otttawa and following his platform of establishing more congenial relations with the federal government as well as strengthening interprovincial equality. Let's just hope that Paul Martin follows up on his provinces...I mean, promises, to work with the premiers much more frequently than Chretien ever did.

Whoever said that political debate in Vancouver was as dull as children's scissors? Ralph, those scissors couldn't cut butter. The children are right to laugh at you. Well, probably nobody in those words exactly, but you get my drift. I encourage you to check out The Tyee, a new, completely online newspaper straight from BC. There's also a link to a list of British Columbian bloggers, including one from North Vancouver-Seymour. Even though he's from my home electoral riding, I don't know the guy. Pretty exciting stuff...despite his NDP affiliations.

Now that I've gotten that out of my system, I am left with a genuine sense of fulfillment knowing my reader(s) have the chance to become better informed about what really goes on out there in Lotus Land.

Time to read about Nunavut.