Krispy Kreme vs. Tim Hortons: Round One
I made a solo journey up to the only MEC in Montreal this afternoon. It's pretty convenient when one has a metro pass - Orange line up to Cremazie, followed by the #100 bus to Acadie. While I didn't make any purchases, I'm pretty sure I know which water filter I'm going to take with me to Bangladesh and was able to experience a real Krispy Kreme donut and coffee shop. I almost stepped back in shock when the guy from behind the counter offered me a free glazed donut while waiting; it seemed to be company policy, but they almost lost a sale in my case because I was only planning on purchasing a coffee and single glazed donut in the first place. In that sense I was definitely in the minority; most people were walking out the door with six, a dozen or many times more donuts. I even asked whether it was ok to order only one...
I ended up choosing a 'creme caramel' donut to compliment my rich, flavourful and piping hot dark black coffee. Each satisfying sip made me realize that Tim Horton's has a lot to learn from its American counterpart.[Disclaimer: my preference for KK coffee over TH ought not to be regarded as a defamation of the great Canadian coffee and donut institution with which we can all identify...]. I would only find out later in the afternoon that such a donut would come back to haunt me - the revenge of the donut, if you will. After the initial surgery high obtained through eating said donut as a dessert following my home-made sub sandwich and apple (healthy food being the second distinguishing feature I brought with me into shop), I eventually experienced the energy-sapping low upon returning home.
So ended my journey to Montreal north; with empty hands, a full stomach, and a foggy head.
I ended up choosing a 'creme caramel' donut to compliment my rich, flavourful and piping hot dark black coffee. Each satisfying sip made me realize that Tim Horton's has a lot to learn from its American counterpart.[Disclaimer: my preference for KK coffee over TH ought not to be regarded as a defamation of the great Canadian coffee and donut institution with which we can all identify...]. I would only find out later in the afternoon that such a donut would come back to haunt me - the revenge of the donut, if you will. After the initial surgery high obtained through eating said donut as a dessert following my home-made sub sandwich and apple (healthy food being the second distinguishing feature I brought with me into shop), I eventually experienced the energy-sapping low upon returning home.
So ended my journey to Montreal north; with empty hands, a full stomach, and a foggy head.
<< Home